A real crowd pleaser
Today we will be using some beautiful Riverina Black Angus beef short ribs, which are perfectly marbled.
Short ribs are a cut of beef taken from the brisket, chuck, plate, or rib areas of beef cattle. They consist of a short portion of the rib bone, which is overlain by meat which varies in thickness. Short ribs are popular in many international cuisines.
In the video below, I’ll demonstrate how to slow cook these in a braise, finishing them in the oven with a chipotle apple BBQ sauce. Delicious.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Beef Short Ribs – coated with a sweet and spicy chipotle and apple BBQ glaze.
- 2x Riverina Black Angus Beef short ribs, with 3 ribs in each piece (approx. 1 kg total)
- Beef stock
- Chipotle and Apple BBQ Glaze
- Pop the ribs in a bowl, coat with oil and season liberally with salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Rub the salt and pepper in on both sides well
- Sear it off in the Bratt pan, until meat is brown and caramelised on both sides
- Once finished, add the ribs to a pan and pour in beef stock up to halfway up the ribs
- Cover before placing in the oven at 75 degrees Celsius for 16 hours (or overnight)
- Once finished, remove the ribs from the pan and push out the bones from the meat
- Portion the meat and chill until ready to finalise
- Add to a pan and glaze with the Chipotle Apple BBQ Glaze
- Finish in the oven at 190 degrees Celsius, reapplying the sauce every 5 minutes for a total of 15 minutes
- Slice and serve